Information Training Department
The department of information training which became operational in 1970 is charged with the task of training journalists for both print and broadcast media; advertising and public relations practitioners.
- Diploma in Journalism
- Diploma in Broadcast Journalism
- Diploma in Advertising and Public Relations
Mean Grade C plain, C plain in English, Kiswahili and any other 2 subjects Certificate programs
- Certificate in Broadcast Journalism
Mean Grade C- (minus), C- (minus) in English, Kiswahili and any other 2 subjects Course Duration
Diploma programs – 3 years.
Certificate programs – 1 year.
Upgrading programs – 1 year or 2 years depending on the programs joined.
Postgraduate diploma programs - 1 year or 21/2 years depending on the mode of study.
The institute offers its programs in both regular and evening modes. The class timings each mode of study is as follows:
- Regular day training programs. These programs run from Monday to Friday from 8.30 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
- Evening training Programs. These programs are conducted between Monday to Friday from 4.30 p.m. to 8.30 p.m. and Saturday 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
On completion of their programs our graduates are employed as:
- Print and broadcast journalists
- News anchors
- Public relations officers
Equipment and Facilities
- Computer laboratories
- Digital darkroom
Contact us: Tel: 551555 Ext. 306